Sunday, April 26, 2009

thought

The experts say we only use 10% of our brains. I wonder what circumstances would cause that number to increase. Many have said your life flashes before your eyes in the face of death. It actually happened to me once, I almost got ran over by a car riding my bike. Do you think that your brain kicks into overdrive in the face of death? That 10% becomes 15? 25? 50%? I imagine that if you have any time to realize that death is certain, then the amount of time between that realization and the time that you actually die would somehow seem almost infinite. Allowing your brain to process things at a speed it never has before, thereby possibly increasing the percentage of your brain that is working. Just saying.

Drinking and reading Dostoevsky may or may not be a really really great thing. I have to give him the credit for the majority of these thoughts. I'll decide when I wake up in the morning and read this to see if it makes any sense.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I would also like to find that out :)