Saturday, September 5, 2009

paper hearts

miles of distance.
years of discourse.

and this is the song we sing.

hearts too fragile tear all too easily.

tonight i shall continue to sing this same song.
the one i've found myself singing over and over again.

and every time it graces my lips, i'm already tired of it's tune.
tonight is no different.
these lyrics have grown stale, stagnant.
and yet they continue to describe me.
to so accurately portray my story.

what does that say about me?
how stale have i become?

this state begs a deeper inspection.
shall i step inside myself again?
will i be disgusted with what i find?

time continues to wear it's crooked graces across my weathered soul.

this separation bears witness to my decay.

and so we continue to sing this song and dance this dance.

let my lips not grow weary, dear provider.
rather, let me see these notes and bars in a new way.
a way in which i see them for how you composed them,
rather than for the song they currently sing.

so shall i continue.

repose.

No comments: