Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Dialogue

Tonight I had a few moments to ponder my financial situation. A few too many moments as a matter of fact. And I started stressing. So I decided to sit and write a song, and the lyrics ended up coming out more as a plea to God. This is how it started:

In the shadows the still of the night
Is calling you home.
I still remember them burning so bright
As if to say, "you're not alone."

We are the fallen of men.
Goodnight.

The "them" I was referring to as burning was the oil lamps the Hebrews lit that burned all night on just a little bit of oil in the old testament. For reference.

Then I needed to write a chorus. It turned out that God wrote it for me. To me.

"But I won't leave your side.
I'll carry you home.
See how the stars always shine?"

I sung it a few times and then cried for a while. Sometimes the beauty and power of God in my life is just so overwhelming. It just completely dwarfs everything that could possibly bring me down.

"Do not fear the troubles of this world, for I have overcome the world, and everything in it."

- Jesus - John 16:33

I think I need to cry some more. Beautiful moments have a tendancy to do that to you. I also think I'm going to finish the rest of this song tomorrow. Too much for one evening.

No comments: